Wednesday, January 18

January OB Visit


Well everything went well again - of course. I have begun to notice that at about the 3rd week between ob visits I start to decide that the lil blasto is gone. I am fine at the visit - more than fine - we hear his heart beat, they tell me he's moving around etc but then after the first week or two I don't know what happens - I just start thinking oops I did this or didn't do that or had that funny feeling --- yup baby's gotta be gone. I don't think that this is normal.

So the stats on me - good blood pressure - its staying the same each visit. Okay weight - it's also stayed the same each visit - actually this month I lost a pound - but since I started out with my weight ... shall we say substantial... the docs not too worried since I am eating. Its funny that my weight isn't changing cause my shape is FOR SURE. My belly is big & hard & sticking out funny. My breasts (uggh) are maybe twice their size and also solid - somehow. I figrure that the energy of making a baby and the little bit of exercise that I am doing is making up for the weight gain that the baby & all adds. The doctor says that I better expect this phase to end now & I'll be looking at adding a pound a week. Well see...

As for lil blasto --- it took a minute to find his heart beat but as soon as she got it it was loud, strong and fast - good news. She asked if I could feel him moving around because she could hear lots and lots of movement. I am not feeling punches and kicks yet - its more like rolls and cramping - last night at bed time it felt like he had a hand on one of my organs and was having fun pulling it and literally making me say ouch, ouch, stop it... Em thought that was funny.

As for em she didn't make it to this appt. but she is good to come with me to the big Ultrasound that we have scheduled for next week!!!!! Which also means new photos for anyone who is actually reading this lil blog.

Peace....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, it's Raissa. I love your blog. Sound's like your well on your way to becoming a mom -- what with the worrying and all. I'm so happy for you. I think being a mom is the coolest thing in the world, and I love having a boy!!! I hope your labor goes well, and keep posting on your blog. Love Raissa