Sunday, October 8

Five Months


So the boy has been with us for Five Months now (on the outside) - He has trippled his weight pretty much - putting on 2 pounds a month and he has grown about an inch a month -putting him at 14-15 lbs and 24" or so - these are highly unnofficial measurements. His most recent weight was on the postage scale and I am measuring his length with the Lamaze Inch Worm stuffed toy.

He is an amazing little person. His disposition is so good & easy going - not like either me or em. He can sit for 20 or 30 minutes on his own in the swing or kick chair sucking his fist and mumbling to himself (see above). I still think bath time is my favorite time of all. He loves the bath - he floats (with a little help) kicks & splashes and coos -

I can't wait until our trip to SF when we get to show him off to everyone - he is such a big guy now & not just a little houseplant/larvae like he was when we left. He will also get to meet some of the other babes that got born after we left town so that will be very cool as well.

I guess one of the biggest things for me is just feeling so crazily in awe of his little self. There have been some of those times when I am holding him & I just start crying - for no reason except the sheer enormity of it all - here is this amazing baby & he is entrusted to me & em & he is so perfect and handsome & fun. It is like the line in the grinch where it says his heart grew 3 sizes that day.

No comments: