Monday, December 17

Baby Has Two Mommies

I didn't blog about this earlier cause I was saving it for a Channukah surprise for Em's family - but as of November 27 the Lil' Monkey Officialy and Legally has two mommies. Yup - Our adoption was finalized!!!!

Honestly Em & I have had mixed feelings about the whole process cause it's kinda wierd to have to adopt your own kid, and its also a pretty big financial burden that's placed on queer same-gendered families that is not placed on the "normal" world blah blah blah... and I was also a little sad to be doing this on the East Coast instead of at home in SF where at least we would have lots of other queer mama friends to throw up a big you adopted your own baby tea party for us.

But the good thing is its Done & he is protected if anything happens to me & Em's family & extended family are all legally his family & extended family now & all that is GOOD.


No comments: