Wednesday, May 14

2 Year Check Up

Well I was sad that we weren't going to be seeing Dr. C. this time cause I had really liked her on all of our previous visits, but today we had our first FAMILY visit with our new Doc at BMC. Em spent the first 15 minutes in the lobby doing all of the paperwork (ha ha --- I got out of it this time - and she had to do the copay too. Double ha ha). The doctor checked in with me first - mainly just a rundown of my existing Rx's and giving her the sad news that I think I have the beginnings of arthritis in my knuckles (way big yucky!!! - Started during the really cold weather this winter). Then we got to the fun part which was Monito's check in & check up.
She did a good job distracting him with Elmo while she checked his heart and lungs & he got to run about and show off his great smarts and agility for her - my only question was really about how to deal with his ongoing dandruff... not a very serious issue - oh well. Lastly she got to encourage Em to actually try to take care of herself - a tall order for someone who can't get out of the hospital long enough to see a doctor. There was something nice about us all getting seen by one doc as a "unit" - it felt good to have someone realizing that his sleep effects our sleep and em's schedule & stress has effects on all of us. Anyways I'm not being to clear - suffice to say I think I like the family doctor concept... So without FURTHER ADO - here are his stats:

Head - 50 cm

Weight - 25 lbs (seriously thats all - I think Kingston is probably heavier) This puts him in the 15th Percentile... around where he has been all along.

Length - 36 Inches - Yup 3' Tall - That popped him up to the 90th Percentile !!!!! (according to some online doohiky this means that he'll be 6' 1" when he's grown)

No comments: