Saturday, March 25

30 Weeks (but hey who's counting)

Here is some info on whats up with Blasto in this week --

"He weighs a whopping 3 pounds (1.36 kilograms)! & measures about 14.8 inches (37.5 cms) The baby is very aware of the surroundings. We tend to think of the uterus as a dark place. The uterus actually can be light and dark depending on the mother's environment. You may be able to distinguish sleep and wake cycles in your baby. Although it usually seems as if the baby wants to sleep while you are awake and vice versa at night. This is not indicative of a sleepless newborn." - some website...


So really whats going on -- I woke up today and am easily TWICE as big as I was when I went to bed last night. For about 2-3 weeks now he has been a really good strong kicker - most active at night (bedtime) but he likes to get busy at work too... especially during meetings when we are all sitting in the conference room - he punches, kicks and rolls & makes me feel a little sea sick.

We aren't sleeping so well these days -- the belly is getting in the way, the reflux is kinda bad, we miss Emily (although I like taking over the whole bed), and I'm up 4-5 times per night. I have a nasty cough that started the day after match day... It's not getting worse, but not getting better either --- around 3 in the morning I wake up coughing so hard I give myself (& blasto) uterine cramps!! Not too much fun - but he's staying where he's supposed to be so I won't worry too much.

& hey.... big thanks to everyone who is calling & checking on me while em is out of town!!!

No comments: