Saturday, November 11

The Crib

Monito is Six Months and a few days and I had told myself and em that he would start sleeping on his own in the crib when he was 6 mo's (when we got home from SF- actually). So now I am sotra stuck.

I am surprised actually by how it hurts when I go to put him down in his own bed. I thought I would be relieved and not sad.

So last night he went into the crib for the first real night (he's been napping in there for awhile to get ready) - and he went right to sleep. I - on the other hand -was up until 1am listening to the dog snore, and emily snore and the baby snore through the monitor which was turned up way to high. It turns out that I was the one who couldn't sleep without knowing he was close by. So I finally "went down" around one am and he popped up shortly thereafter and WITH GLEE I skipped on into his room, "rescued" him from his crib and brought him into bed to nurse and snuggle with me where we stayed CONTENTLY until this am when em went off to be a doctor.

Right now its 5:30 pm and he just fell asleep in my lap & I took him back into THAT room and laid him down in that CRIB and I feel like crying again.

No comments: