Thursday, April 26

First Spring

So I can't believe that the boy is almost One Year Old but here it is Spring in Cambridge and we are two weeks away from his Birthday. We went out the other day and out of NOWHERE there were flowers - all over the place ---
In our park, in people's yards and here are the flowers that are on our street corner by the project housing that's being renovated. Sadly the kids idea of fun was to pull some of the new flowers out by their roots, but other than that I got a few beautiful photos.

The New England "spring" weather is crazy... One day its cold and rainy- and by cold I mean really cold like 40's and low 50's; then the next day its blasting sun & in the 80's. There have been a couple "perfect San Francisco days" where its in the high 60's low 70's with a mild breeze and we have gone out walking around in just T-shirts. Yumm!!!

R. is crawling all over the place - getting into all kinds of things & eating the playground. He is cruising some, but hasn't chosen to take steps on his own yet. He is chattering nonstop (you can listen to him on the You Tube Videos linked below) & has maybe made one or two signs to me... the judge is still out on that one.

Em is working a lot - of course, but she is almost done with Medicine & we are going to have this Sat. off so we are running away to the Shire to see the grandparents & to celebrate Nancy's Birthday.

I have been feeling super nostalgic & thinking about this time last year - the craziness of getting ready to have a baby, move cross country, find a place to live, rent our place etc etc... and I can't believe that we have made it & done as well as we have. I love & miss all of my SF friends so much... I wish you could see the lil Monkey grow & change each day - but I have met some great moms here too & feel so blessed to be having such wonderful days with the lil guy every day.

xo xo - don't forget to take a moment to get a whiff of spring

No comments: