Friday, April 20

Monito wants Two Mommies

We went to the attorneys today to do the preliminary footwork to making Em's relationship with the lil monkey all legal like. We have to pay up, and fish around for a lot of documents - birth certificates, affidavits, etc. We are going to ask friends and family to write letters of support as well. It just sucks that we have to jump through silly (and expensive) legal hoops to make what already is into something legal. I guess I should be glad that we aren't being told to get married again...but still it seems crazy to me that we have to adopt our own kid.

I just want to say that the best part is is finding myself feeling so completly glad that Em is here & a part of my life & the deep deep belief that I wouldn't have the lil monkey if it weren't for the grace of having her in my life to make this all come true.

I do love my family

No comments: