Wednesday, August 20

Everyone is "Gay for Rachel"

VIRGINIA SHERWOOD/NBC NEWSWIRE VIA AP IMAGES
Rachel Maddow reports from the MSNBC newsroom in New York City, January 3.


Lots of internet news buzz in the butchie-dykie blog world now that it is being announced that Rachel Maddow is getting her own MSNBC TV News Talkie Show starting 9/08/08

There is also a lot of buzz about how she is "crossing over" to the non-queer world (if there is such a thing) - hence the "gay for Rachel" term

I haven't listened to her on her Air America show (something to do with having a baby and not listening to anything) - But all accounts are that she is "wicked smaht" -- and she is a bay area homey that went off to Oxford and now is East Coasty splitting her time between Western MA & NY.


So I'll be trying to find the newsie channel next month & checking her out - nice to see something a little more serious than Rosie & Ellen (even though you all know that I loves me my Rosie & My Ellen).

Big queer congrats Rachel - but lets hope they don't make you dress up & wear makeup too much... cause we sure like the nerdy butch gal look











No comments: