Monday, October 20

Back to Boston

So we got home after being on the Left coast for the past 10 days. I have to say its a bit of a shock to the system. The boy is currently taking a morning nap (not for long the way Mabel is barking -grrrr) something he hasn't done for like a million years - I keep worrying that we have a gas leak or something, but I think its just the time change. We also had to turn the heat on and find the boxes full of hats, sweaters and gloves - sadly the steam heater in the basement was a bit finicky last night - jetting out a frightning noise and filling the entire basement with steam - which caused me to yell at Em to grab the dog & baby & go outside into the cold while I knocked on Jeff's door upstairs & begged them to fix it before the house blew up. So Jeff showed me the emergency off switch, told Em to come back inside & fixed the whole thing up this morning.

On a warmer note - we had a great (but hard at times) vaca-y. Saw mucho mucho family - including my mom, sisters, dad as well as lots of friends - even our East Coasties were in attendance - Adam & Ila were in SF so there was a floatie nation gets dim sum moment (see photos) and we saw Holly & Doanie at Mel's wedding. We got to our favorite playgrounds - the Discovery Center in Sausalito, the Eureka Valley Rec Playground on Collingwood (& this used to be such a cruisy, cruisy park) the little park on 24th Street at Diamond.

The boy got HIS FIRST HAIRCUT (pictures on an earlier post) - and he cried, and cried - which meant that I didn't - mommy & mama were both very brave!!!

We got to spend to nights at heaven on earth aka Orr Hot Springs - The lil one likes to lounge in the hot tubs almost as much as his mama's AND - For the First Time Ever ... He went Pee outside in the bushes. He was almost as excited by this as Emmy & I were (sorry no pictures of this one). He has also taken to SINGING almost constantly at times - some English songs, some Hebrew and a good handfull of gibberish. I have a short video of Shabat Shalom that I will post below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just found your blog and i'm loving it. just wanted to tell you a story about the whole peeing outside thing-which i must admit is something i can't wait to teach my 7 month old son. On one of my visits home from college i volunteered to take my 4 year old nephew to the zoo (he's 19 now, and yes, i love telling this story- I can't wait for christmas) so we are at the zoo. we just ate lunch and afterward we wonder over to this fantastic monkey exhibit- it's a hot day- so we all find ourselves lingering under this huge oak tree that's older than my grandpa watching the monkeys do what they do. and i turn around and there's my nephew- proudley pissing on the old oak. a great trick he had learned- but that he hadn't learned to use properly yet.