Wednesday, January 20

Could this day get any worse....

Went to the Science Museum today with Alex and Jack - and had a lovely time, but when we got home Jeff met us at the door and asked where Mabel was - since she hadn't been barking at him and Mikey although they were right outside our windows. Uh Oh I thought.... for those of you who don't know - our geriatric (about 11 years old) Dog Mabel has been doing poorly this winter. Her arthritis is getting bad, she can barely get up and down our few front stairs - and about a couple of months back she had a couple of seizures or something --which have caused me & em to think she may not be long for this world. So when Jeff said she wasn't inside barking I began to think the worst.... I opened up the door - and no dog was there to great us... not a good sign. I asked Alex to hang with the boys while I started to look around for Mabel - I didn't think a couple of 3 year olds needed to find her laying in a heap if thats what I was going to find. So I look in the office, the kitchen, the front room - No Dog --- Weird.

Then Alex calls me into R's room - and look what we found ...




This is what is left of the boys mattress - and what you can't smell from the picture is that its covered in urine too (yummy). Right after we discovered this I did find Mabel - she was down in the basement cowering in a far corner.... terrified.... and of what you may ask....

Emily left her pager at home on this trip to SF and the battery is dying. The thing had been beeping every few minutes in the pitch that apparently makes Mabel LOSE HER MIND!!!

Alex helped me turn the pager off & I threw out the mattress....

Now I just need to tell you about the fun EMILY had today.

No comments: