Tuesday, April 11

What’s UP? My Blood Pressure

Just before we got to 33 weeks my blood pressure shot up to 146/89 - at our homestyle visit that night Yeshi asked me what I do during the day to relax … I said that I went outside for a few minutes when I could. She didn’t like that answer so much and told me to let my boss know that I wouldn’t come in for the rest of the week – instead she wanted me to spend 2 hours resting in the morning, in the middle of the day, and in the early evening. They also had me set an appt. with Dr. Norrell who is the Ob-Gyn in charge of the whole she-bang.

So we saw Norrell the next week and after 4 days out of work the BP was 110/60 and the Dr. was joking about why was I there… She went ahead and acknowledged that if the modified rest schedule was working then its’ best to keep me on it & filled out SDI paperwork to put me into maternity leave now. My plan was to stay through the end of the month – but not if its making me sick to be on my “feet”.

Norrell also basically asked Em to seriously consider coming back to SF & working with them at St. Lukes – that was really cool.

No comments: