Tuesday, August 29

Recovery Room


Monito naps to the heartbeat sounds playing on his bouncy chair (as opposed to the swingy chair - see how can this be comfortable below). Today was a TOUGH day - it was our 4 month dr. visit and second set of shots per the standard schedule - that's three shots - a combo - Pediarix in his left thigh followed by HiB and PcV shots in the right thigh. Owwy owwy ow!!!!

He took it well - but has been sleepy and fussy since - he cries really hard and gets hot tricking me into thinking that he's feverish but I can't bring myself to sticking a thermometer up his bum after an already invasive day.

To make me feel better he is now showing off by grabbing his fabric book and actually getting it into his mouth ... I can't believe he's learning to use his hands to move stuff... SO COOL. We miss everyone really bad, especially the folks who would be helping me by holding him & walking the halls as he cries his sad cry today. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

SF Mom of One said...

Hi, and thanks for listing my blog in your blog roll!

From this post, I can see that you need two things:

a digital ear thermometer.
Emla cream.

The former you can get at the drugstore, maybe 15 dollars, and it registers temp in a second or so.

The latter is an analgesic cream, and you can get it by prescription. Rub it on Riley's skin 30 min before shot time, and it will be a lot easier on him and you.

Wishing you better days!