Tuesday, September 19

Update...

Its 12:30 and I have a few minutes (or at least I hope I do). Monito is napping in his crib and so I am taking the moment to catch up and to record some more CD's onto our hard drive - soon all of our music will be MP3'd (yee haw) and available to the Palm (for me) & the new Ipod (for em). So we are 4 months, 1 week and 4 days old according to my gator ticker... the past few days the lil' guy has been working on getting both of his fists in his mouth at the same time, but has mainly settled on a 3 finger suck as his current favorite. He has grabbed a toy at least a couple of times and brought it up to his mouth for gumming (yeah!!! Go Blasto) - he is kicking his lil paws - or kickers as emily calls them with furor - whether on his bouncy chair where the kicks give him a ride or in the bathtub where he is rewarded with splashes or just on the bed where he kicks away at the air.

We do not do a lot of tummy time so he isn't really getting much practice at a "roll over" - I am trying to remember to put him down on his belly a little bit more - but he doesn't really like it and I can't really blame him - who wants to be squooshed face down into the mattress or a blanket really ????

We (Monito & I) spent another nice weekend up at the Shire... Grandma Anne got us some chicken for Friday dinner and on Saturday morning we hit the outlets and she got the boy some great fall/winter outifits from the Osh Kosh store. (I also scored a couple of sweaters & we got em a few shirts for the hospital). When Phancy arrived they tested out their new Jogging style stroller by taking the boy out for an hour long walk. He decided to skip most of his naps while we were up there so we've been a little challenged with bedtimes the past 2 nights... funny how the last thing a SUPER TIRED baby wants to do is sleep - screaming is such a better option -
Em has been taking some late night (that means 9:30 pm by the way) walks with the boy in the bjorn.

Honestly I can't believe how lucky we are to have scored such a cute & generally sweet baby. I fall in love a little bit each day.

And don't forget to look at the photos ... they are up on flickr

No comments: