Sunday, June 29

Happy Pride Day

So here I am at 4 in the afternoon watching a live feed of the SF Pride Parade on my computer - & seeing everything from Charo to Cyndy Lauper to Fire Depts, Gay Wanna-Be Dads, my old Synagogue (Rueben looked cute) and even BadRap the group to supp0rt Pit Bulls as pets. There are also floats by Air New Zealand, Virgin, MACYs (apparently they have a big gay CEO) ... yep we may be a rainbow people, but our money is clearly still very green.

So its pride in SF & here I am in Cambridge ... other friends are scattered around - Portland, LA, New York. Other friends are travelling in Europe or on camping trips this weekend. I think this is probably the first parade I haven't been at least partially at (other than the year we moved coasts...) in 30 years.

So here we are celebrating a bunch of dykes & drag queens fighting the cops, (now with corporate sponsorship) & celebrating another state allowing us to get hitched. Big rainbow kisses to all my peeps who are walking & riding down Market St. today

No comments: