Wednesday, December 3

My Birthday

This year for Dec 01 (the best day to be born - ever) Boston/Cambridge hosted a one day warm streak. The week before was near freezing but on my birthday it his high 50's low 60's and the next day the temp dropped 20 degrees again.

So we had to get out. Em, R. and I took Mabel for a walk over to Dana Park - a few blocks from our house -

It was so warm we couldn't keep the kid in his jacket



Then again - I don't think I had mine on either. Em asked what I wanted to do with my day & I told her that all I really wanted was my surprise party - to which she said (as she had all week) - "Surprise -No Party!!" But I knew not to be daunted. The boy is not much of a napper so we stayed out to enjoy as much of the day as we could. Around sunset (4:30 in these parts) I tried calling & texting our 2-year old crew to see what everyone was up to and to find someone to come to the park & play - no one was up for it & even Dan didn't want to meet us for hot chocolate at the cafe across from Farah's school - so Em, the boy & I tromped around Central Square on our own.

I really enjoyed the sparkly lights that our out now...



and we also had an amazing sunset and sliver of a moon (as depicted over the 7-11 sorry)
From Central we walked "2-year-old-toddler-stop every five seconds-slowly over to Alex's house - where Surprise, Surprise there was a party waiting for me. Yeah!!! The kids were all in good moods, DGina brought the new baby, We had Carrot Cake and Chinese Take Out - thanks everyone!!! Things don't really get much better than that.

No comments: