Sunday, December 21

A bounty of Grapefruit

My dad has begun sending us an annual gift of Texas Grapefruit at the Winter Holiday time. This is great because I really like grapefruit - however Em's Grandma in Florida also sends out a holiday gift of Grapefruit. This year two big boxes arrived at our door only days apart. We are doing our best but its a lot of fruit to work our way through... I am making a valiant effort grapefruit spoon in hand and Em & the Lil Monkey have been making Juice.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this isn't the most politic question from a complete stranger who has wandered onto your blog... but could you resolve the eternal Florida grapefruit vs. Texas grapefruit excellence question? I grew up eating Florida grapefruit all winter, but since moving to Texas have been thrilled by the delight that is Rio Grande Valley citrus. My parents insist it's just b/c I'm eating fresher fruit in-state, not b/c Texas grapefruit is superior to Florida's. Far be it from me to provoke a family feud by asking you to choose btw your dad and your partner's grandma ... but what are the votes in your house?