Friday, January 9

Adventure Day - Porter Square

Our most recent adventure day came about because NStar turned our power off to fix a damaged electric pole on our street this Friday. So I decided without further ado we would off and discover another corner of Cambridge. The boy was more than happy to don his piglet/bunny knit cap and head up to the "train" for a trip with Momma.


We caught the red-line heading Harvard bound & stayed on to Porter Square - as I figured we could do a little stop at the StellaBella toy store there and maybe if I got lucky a hop into Porter Sq Books. So first we started off walking the wrong direction but we discovered a block or two of Mass. Ave the other way then doubled back toward our toy haven destination. It was really too cold outside to do much walking and it was not a day to scope a playground so we made do with the train table for half an hour or so then I succumbed to "special treat" ...
at the neighboring donut shop.
After a chocolate frosted with sprinkles & a big sweet coffee for me we took the bus back to Central Sq. enjoying the sights of Somerville along the way. Monito was literally falling asleep on the last couple blocks of the bus ride - I had to shake him to keep him awake. Then I threw him in the ergo or "Pack-pack" and we headed home for a much deserved nap.

No comments: