Tuesday, January 6

October 2008 - SF & Mendocino Trip


San Francisco & Mendocino - October 2008

Thank you Mel & Veejay for giving us a reason to come out to the Bay Area again this year!!!

I flew out early with the Lil Monkey so we could do Yom Kippur at CSZ - I flew my mom down from Spokane to do services with me. She really loved it - I spent more time in the childcare room than at the services, but that's okay. I feel like he got the chance to meet his hebrew school class. We also saw the Prochovnick clan, Andrea & the twins and many many CSZ friends & acquaintances. The days were sunny and gorgeous so when we weren't at services we got in some sight seeing & lots of park time. Another visit to the Discovery Museum, Dolores Park, Eurka Valley, Duboce St etc etc. I got a haircut and then Em got a haircut & the lil guy was looking pretty ragged so he got a trip to Louies Barbershop for his FIRST Haircut (he cried).

We also got a great and somewhat surprise visit with Adam & Ila & Andre - wonderful Dim Sum at a hidden gem in chinatown then a good walk through North Beach and Downtown and for an added bonus we got to ride downtown in one of the old old streetcars.

We saw Amy B & met Cypress (what a cutie) and then were off to ORR Hot Springs for two nights followed by the wedding festivities in Mendocino. Orr continues to be about my favorite place on earth - especially when I am there with Em. We stayed in Cabin 16 where we spent my 40th Birthday a few years ago & we enjoyed all the new/old tubs (although I was sad to see the small floaty pool be changed).

There aren't words to describe our love for M&V and also how awesome it was to have the JMP Crew in the same place at the same time. Maya was in the room next to us & Abby & R became wild playmates. Leaving was heartbreaking.... but hey only 1 1/2 years to go.

No comments: